Wednesday 3 March 2010

A box for my Mummy :)

Hi everyone,

I didn't think i'd have time to do this today but Morgan's having a proper nap today so i've had time to workout, bath, do uni work and craft! YAY!
So I wanted to enter the new challenge blog P3. It's all about 3d creations and I do love them but I am not too good at them so this is a perfect chance to challenge myself and get better at them :)  This month the theme is Cubes/rectangles! 
As it's Mothers day soon and we are so poor, buying presents isn't an option and I have been looking at what to do for my mum for a while now... I have made her a hanger but I wanted to make her something else too and I was looking again at the tutorials at scs and saw this box!  I think it will be the perfect size to put some of the post-it note paper in so I made one for my mum to have near her telelphone.  
I was going to add a stamp but I didn't want to cover up the dp! I didn't want to add text to it incase mum wanted to use it for something else.



I tried to punch the card with the Heart puncher but it wouldn't go through!!!  I do wish I made the hearts the same height at the lid as it's quite tricky to get to lid back on and not squash the hearts.  I wish I thought to do some embossing on it with my cuttlebug too!  I do like it though :)  My mum will like it too.

I am going to enter this for these challenges:
Quixotic - Leave it out.  I hope my tiny leaves are ok!
Simon Says - Mothers day/Girly
Totally Gorjuss - For mum
Allsorts - For mum
Paperplay - For mum
YNS - Big bows  (I hope my bow is ok, I struggled to get it any bigger and I have no idea how to do other types of bows)

12 comments:

Ukka said...

Fabulous box cheryl, I love your image and your colouring is amazing.
hugs,Ukka

SemSee said...

Wonderful box Cheryl! I love the pretty blue (and of course your bow is ok, LOL!!). Thanks for joining us at the YNS Blog Hop and with our 'Big Bow' Challenge! Big hugs, Sem x

craftymum said...

I'm sure your mum will love this!
Thanks for joining us at TG
Love Sarah W XXX

Mandy said...

Hi Cheryl,
This is beautiful..I love the papers and the hearts..I'm sure your Mum will love this as it's made with love and that's something money can't buy..
Mandy xx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous sweet gift box.
Thanks for joing us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Kim said...

That is so sweet, I love how you did the punched edge around the top of the box and the ribbon looks wonderful! Thanks so much for playing along at Paper Cubed!

Faye said...

Hi Cheryl. Your Mum's box is soooooooooooooo pretty! I love it. xxx

Kat said...

What a lovely gift Cheryl. Your Mum will love it. Thanks for joining us at TG.

Kat x

cats whiskers said...

This is just perfect dear love it all
Hugs Jacqui x

Michelle said...

Hi Cheryl

Great job! Your Mum will love this. The heart edging around the lid is a wonderful touch. Love the DP.
Michelle

Lisa said...

Hi Cheryl, This is lovely! I love the MS heart edge and gorgeous papers. I am sure your mum will love it.

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

Lisa x

Kim Dellow said...

Haha love the tiny leaves :) and lovely box! Thanks for joining the Quixotic Paperie challenge this week. Kim

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
Love & hugs,
Cheryl xxx